US/ AZ History
2. What were the primary motivations for the US getting involved in the Korean and Vietnam wars?
3. What caused the US to finally end its involvement in Vietnam? How did the Cold War evolve afterwards, and what stimulated its end?
2. How did the government justify passing EO 9066? What were the consequences of this law?
3. What role did racial prejudice play in the passing of EO 9066, as well as the treatment that Japanese Americans endured after the war?
4. What rift did the offering of military service create in the Japanese American community, and why?
-Choose a specific quote of his, and create an art piece (picture, comic, poem, song, model, or other form of expression) that is inspired by it
-Write down how your art reflects the quote you chose
-Be prepared to share your quote, art piece, and explanation to the class
To get you started, here's a list of 50 of Martin Luther King's most famous quotes
2. Describe how unsustainable farming practices as well as climatic changes created the Dust Bowl
3. Describe the economic and social consequences of the Dust Bowl
Texas will finally teach that slavery was the main cause of the Civil War
2. Describe how the nature of slavery in Africa and the Americas differed
3. How did the Atlantic slave trade operate?
4. Describe each of the factors that led to the end of the Atlantic slave trade
2. Summarize the two contrasting American views of the Wilderness, and describe how they were related
3. How was the West itself commodified? What is the complex relationship that Americans have with the Wilderness?
1. A brief summary of the story's main points
2. A description of how it differed from the story we talked about in class, and why you think so (or if not, why not)
3. A description of how the way the story was presented plays into the Frontier Myth and American Exceptionalism
-Include a full citation of your source
How Americans view race is a 'huge surprise'
White parents teach their children to be "color blind"- why that's bad for everyone
2. What was the Marshall Doctrine, and how did it adapt the original doctrine of discovery into U.S. law? How was this further extended in 1831?
3. Describe the 4 factors that led up to the colonization of the Americas
4. How did the Indian slave trade lead to the African slave trade?
2. Describe, in general, the characteristics of each of the eight culture areas in the lower 48 states region
3. Identify and summarize three examples of cultural diffusion from this handout
2. Based on the article, why do you think it is important to learn history from a multicultural perspective?
3. What does the author mean by the title "A Different Mirror"? What is the importance of looking at and learning history from a different mirror?