Due Tuesday, January 22:
- What was the purpose of the Renaissance?
- Define Renaissance Man.
- Define humanism.
- Which subjects are now included in the Humanities?
- Where does the Renaissance style emerge?
- What were the two developments made in Renaissance artistic style?
- Who are the major figures of the High Renaissance?
- List the dominant city-states in Italy.
- How does France maintain monarchical power?
- How does Spain become unified?
Screening: The Crusades: The Crescent and the Cross (2005)
Due Tuesday, January 15:
- Why is Charlemagne's being named emperor of Rome important?
- How can Charlemagne be considered the “Father of Europe”?
- Why are the Vikings so successful in attacking Europe?
- How are the Vikings calmed into settlement?
- Define the following:
- How does capitalism develop in the Middle Ages?
- How do cities develop in the Middle Ages?
- How is the Black Death a worldwide problem?
- How does the plague reach Europe?
- What did Europeans believe was the cause of the plague?